Fly back to the Royal Era
Hotel Shivavilas Palace, Sandur
The Palace centered in the 20acre area having 2 floors of about 20000 sq ft each houses two large suites – Maharaja Suite and Maharani Suite, a Regular Suite and 9 Deluxe rooms. The rooms are located around an endearing courtyard. The breath of fresh air in the balconies overlooking the gardens, the numerous books of all tastes in the common areas and in the library, and the most friendly staff greeting you with smiles make your time and stay lovely.
The indoor games like carrom, table tennis, billiards, chess, an offhand open area badminton and basketball, and refreshing treatments/massages at the in-house spa are also there to retreat oneself. We enjoyed our time taking the sights and sounds of the place with strolls in the garden and the poolside, early morning jogs, and bicycle rides. All these made our moments perfect and beautiful.
The Hotel services also include Board Room, Children Play Area in the indoor activity room, Party/banquet lawn, Billiards and Bar, barbeque area, Bird Watching, Two temples and Bhajan hall, Laundry Service, Doctor on Call, 24X7 Wi-fi, Covered car parking space, Hotel pick-up/drop and local transportation facility available on request. There are Vintage and Classic Car Museum and a Darbar Hall Museum.
Food and Dining:
The in-room dining served both Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian food with relatively widespread continental cuisines. The delicious home-made food felt healthy, tasty, and balanced. Apart from the usual food counter, we enjoyed our dinners at the pool-side barbecue counter and the courtyard.
Nearby Attractions and Getting to the Hotel:
- Hampi – The world famous UNESCO heritage site and part of the ancient Vijayanagara Empire
- Ancient temples (More than 1000 years old) – Sri Kumaraswamy and Parvati
- Handicraft Centre – The Sandur Kushala Kala Kendra (Mirror & Embroidery work, stone carving, cane works and khadi
- Garments employing the women from local villages)
- Daroji Sloth Bear Sanctuary – The largest population of bears in Asia
- Manganese and Iron Ore Mines on the hills of Sandur
- Ferro Alloy Plant and Power plant
Nearest Airport :
Hubballi Airport – 180km
Bengaluru International Airport – 300km
Belagavi Airport – 300km
Nearest Railway Station:
Toranagallu – 22km
Hosapete – 28km
Bellari – 60km
Bellari-Toranagallu-Sandur – 60km
Bengaluru-Chitradurga-Kudligi-Sandur – 300km
Belagavi-Hubballi-Gadag-Hosapete-Sandur – 300km
- Sandur’s valleys and hills are at their best during the rainy season in the months of August-September.
- There are no good hotels and restaurants in Sandur. Shivavilas Palace of the Royal Gorpade family is one of its kind in the small town offering an exclusive royal stay without being over priced.
- One of the world famous UNESCO Heritage Sites, Hampi is ~45km from Sandur. Exploring the beauty of Hampi takes you at least 2 full days. So plan your stay accordingly.
- A visit to the Mines, Handicraft Centre, and the Ancient Temples takes 1 day.
The feeling of royalty and luxury offered at the Shivavilas Palace is incomparable. Retracing the steps of the royal family of Sandur and experiencing the grandiose, we made some noble moments. Special thanks to Mr.Sameer Ahmed Taj and Team for hosting and offering us a majestic experience.
To know more about the Hotel and Booking click on their website.
Experience Royalty At Ghanerao Castle
The Ghanerao Royal Castle in Rajasthan is a hidden treasure with huge maze-like mansion with many tunnels and passages
Hotel Lake Pichola, Udaipur
Built by Maharana Udai Sing II in 1559 AD around an artificial Lake named Pichola, Udaipur is often referred to as the Venice of the East